<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 13, 2005

I've made it through a very educational moving experience. I signed up with a small moving company via the Internet and nearly lost all my belongings as a result because the shipping company is going bankrupt. There was a web of sub-contractors involved, and when one critical piece of the supply chain breaks down, nobody will help you recover your belongings.

Go to www.ripoffreport.com and search for Atlantis Van Lines. Sad stories abound, like families left without their entire house full of stuff for three months, and still waiting and hoping.

www.movingscam.com has a detailed analysis of how the moving industry and legal framework has gotten to a point where these things can happen.

I had to rent a U-Haul myself, drive to a storage facility and hour outside of Seattle, load my things into the U-Haul, then take the U-Haul to a reputable company's shipping facility and unload my things and assist in checking them in (otherwise, I'd have needed to wait two weeks to even get my things on a truck due to this being peak shipping time). I even got to weigh the truck myself. Heh.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?